A full compilation of updated tutorials detailing the subtractive technique of pottery carving is now available as an Amazon ebook.
* Terminology - A brief explanation of terms commonly used within the pottery world,
* The process in a nutshell - A step-by-step guide to subtractive carving,
* Setup - Everything you need to start carving, with detailed guide to tools, space requirements, and kiln furniture,
* Clay - The pros and cons of different types of clay, and potential issues to avoid,
* Glazes - Different methods and techniques to finish your carving, including the dangers involved in each, and
* Firing - The basics of firing, the difference between bisque and gloss, and suggested firing schedules.